Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Globe and Platform 9 3/4




Well, the Globe was excellent. The costuming was exquisite, the actors passionate, and the audience respectful. Our seats had restricted views, but I was just happy to have a place to sit, as the center of the Globe is standing room only. Then we did some night photography along the Thames. Using my camera, along with some coaxing and a tripod, I finally got night pictures that weren't hideously blurry.

Platform 9 3/4 was all right, but since Kings Cross is doing renovations, it was a little platform of its own outside the station. Kind of a disappointing setting, but since this trip keeps having HP references, may as well visit the most obvious of them all.

My class is taking a weekend trip to Paris starting at 4:30 am tomorrow! We're going to see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and the Louvre in one day, and then I have the weekend free for Versailles and hopefully some unscheduled fun. :) I'll be back on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment